2015-2018 Vermont Property
Links to local and national press coverage of the NewVistas conservation effort in Vermont. As detailed below, the effort started in 2015 and ended in 2018.
- “Massive Development Planned Near Joseph Smith Birthplace” March 2016 Valley News article by Rob Wolfe.
- “The Mormons are coming! The Mormons are coming!” April 2016 blog post by John S. Walters, with some back and forth from David Hall in the comments section.
- “A Mormon Tycoon Wants to Build Joseph Smith’s Mega-Utopia in Vermont” July 2016 Bloomberg Businessweek article by Caroline Winter.
- “Meet the Man Who Wants to Bring Micro-Apartments to the Masses” August 2016 Wall Street Journal article by Nancy Keates (behind a paywall).
- “‘I’m Tired Of The Drama’: Utah Man Abandons NewVistas Development Plan” June 2018 Vermont Public Radio article and audio report by Steve Zind, Peter Hirschfeld, and Angela Evancie.